Recipe for cherry groats – red groats with cherries. Goes perfectly with vanilla sauce, semolina porridge, or other sweet things.
- 1 jar of sour cherries (720 ML)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Drain the cherries and save the kirsch because we still need it.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of the kirsch with the starch in a small glass.
- Put the kirsch in a small saucepan and heat it up. Once it starts to simmer, stir in the mixed starch, cherries, and cinnamon.
- Let the groats simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Let cool down.