Vegan nice cream with dark chocolate and cookie dough. While the homemade nice cream recipe is made of coconut, vanilla and banana, the added cookie dough and chocolate makes this sweet dessert extra delicious.
Ice cream and I is like an on-off-relationship. There are days, where I could eat tons of ice cream and afterward I don’t touch any of it for weeks. But last week our relationship inflamed again and instead of running to the next supermarket to buy a cup of frozen sweetness, I decided to try it myself at home.
Having all the control over the ingredients, I made sure not to use refined sugar, and try to make it as healthy as possible to make a delicious nice cream… I succeeded with this idea at least for my base 🙂 But then I wanted to make it more exciting and so added some other stuff to my banana-coconut vanilla ice cream.
You have to know, that I am super into cookie dough. When all this hype about cookie dough came up some years ago, I felt like in heaven. Suddenly there was cookie dough everywhere and I couldn’t get enough of cookie dough pralines, plain cookie dough or cookie dough ice cream. So I guess you know, where this takes us? Right! Nice cream with cookie dough and chocolate of course 🙂 What a combination!
I have to admit that I am not sure, whether this combination is still worth to be named “Nice Cream”. Probably not. So better let’s name it optional (n)ice cream instead, ok?
If you want a healthier version, you can just enjoy the base. In this case we don’t get any trouble with correct names, sugar and chocolate. The base of banana and coconut can be considered as nice cream, which tastes great with brownies, hot apple crumble or as it is.
If you want to go wild in the kitchen, make it an ice cream and add chocolate and cookie dough. Believe me, it’s delicious. And just that you know: this also goes well with brownies or hot stuff from the oven.
Whatever you may decide, I hope you enjoy the recipe and have a great day!
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 100g vegan chocolate drops
- 170g cookie dough (see below)
- 50g butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 75g oat flour
- 1 tsp milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Add banana, coconut cream and vanilla paste to a blender. Pulse for 15 to 20 seconds or until completely combined.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the cookie dough in a small bowl and knead the dough until well combined. Form small balls and put in the fridge.
- After the ice cream has been in the freezer for 30 min, you will notice the mixture is starting to freeze. Now stir in the chocolate drops and cookie dough and put mixture back to the freezer for another 60 min.
- Now the ice cream should have a nice consistency and is ready to eat.
- Enjoy 🙂