Hearty Schupfnudeln with sauerkraut and spicy smoked tofu – true comfort food.
Schupfnudel should not be missing at the Christmas market. This delicious dish of fried schupfnudeln, hearty sauerkraut, and spicy smoked tofu is true comfort food. Even better that you can also make the simple, quick Schupfnudeln recipe yourself.
Ingredients for Schupfnudeln with sauerkraut and smoked tofu
- Schupfnudeln: I used ready-made Schupfnudeln from the refrigerated section for a quick after-work meal. You can also make Schupfnudeln yourself.
- Sauerkraut: Sauerkraut is a must in this hearty dish; it brings great taste.
- Smoked tofu: Instead of bacon, I use smoked tofu for my vegan version.
- Salt and pepper: I actually do without spices because the recipe is aromatic enough. But you can season the Schupfnudeln with salt and pepper as you like.
- 1 onion
- 200g smoked tofu
- 500g noodles
- 500g sauerkraut
- salt and pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Cut smoked tofu into small cubes.
- Heat some oil in a large pan. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the smoked tofu and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the Schupfnudeln and fry them for another 2 minutes or until brownish.
- Add the sauerkraut and mix well. Let the Schupfnudeln fry for a few more minutes and serve them hot.