Simple Brownie recipe for homemade brownies from scratch. Eggless, easy to make and vegan – this is the best recipe for moisture brownies. Topped with hazelnuts, peanut butter and chocolate, this aesthetic sweet dessert is not only a treat for your soul, but also a feast for the eyes.
A good basic brownie recipe is one of the things, that shouldn’t be missed in your recipe collection. Whether you want to indulge your friends, yourself or family, it’s nice to have an easy and simple recipe for moisture brownies on hand.
So this recipe is very easy and basic. With only a few ingredients you will get some delicious chocolate brownies. I love to add some hazelnuts to the dough to give a nutty flavor. If you prefer other nuts, such as almonds or pecan nuts, just swap it.
To create an eggless and dairy-free dough, I used flax eggs instead of eggs and plant-based milk as a substitute for animal milk.
- Flax eggs: When baking with flax eggs, I always make sure to mix up the flax seeds and water as a first step. This way the seeds can soak the water and the mixture gets the right consistency for the dough. But no worries, no need to soak the flax eggs hours in advance. It’s usually fine when you let it soak for about 3-5min. For one flax egg, I mix 1 tbsp of flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water.
- Plant-based milk: For milk, I used my homemade oat milk, but I also tried the recipe with soy milk and almond milk, which also works very well.
What makes the brownies even more delicious and beautiful, is a nice topping. For this brownie recipe, I’ve topped my brownies with melted chocolate, peanut butter, and chopped hazelnuts. In case you prefer a different nut butter, you can just replace it. Same applies for the nuts.
To give you another topping inspiration, I just want to mention marshmallows & chocolate. Once you bake the brownies, add marshmallows on top and bake for another 3-5 min. Be careful to not let burn the marshmallow. Once they got brown, take out from the oven and add some chocolate drops, which will melt on the hot marshmallows.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup plant-based milk (I used homemade oat milk)
- 100g hazelnuts
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds & 6 tbsp water)
- 5 tbsp oils
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 100g vegan chocolate
- pinch of salt
- Prepare your flax eggs by mixing up flax seeds and water. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, cacao powder, brown sugar.
- Add liquid ingredients: Vanilla paste, milk, oil and flax eggs.
- Roughly chop your hazelnuts, put some aside for topping (about 2 tbsp) and stir remaining ones into the brownie mixture.
- Bake in a lined tin at 180° for 20 minutes.
- Let your brownies cool down for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate.
- Now top your brownies with peanut butter, melted chocolate, hazelnuts and pinch of salt.
- Enjoy 🙂