Super simple tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic and spices. This classic tomato sauce is suitable for many recipes.
Tomato sauce and pasta are real classics, so I think everyone should have a quick, easy tomato sauce recipe on hand.
This basic recipe helps to make a quick, tasty tomato sauce with both fresh and peeled canned tomatoes. You can enrich them with fresh herbs or vegetables and enjoy them as you like.
This sauce is perfect as a pure tomato sauce with pasta, for a lasagna, with gnocchi, and many other recipes.
Feel free to try it out and enjoy it!
Usually enough for 2 servings of pasta with tomato sauce.
- 400g tomatoes (or a can of peeled tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh herbs (such as parsley or basil, optional)
- salt and pepper
- Wash tomatoes and cut them into large pieces.
- Blend the tomato pieces and the remaining ingredients with a hand blender or in a high-performance mixer until you get a fine sauce.
- Now use the sauce for the recipe you want.