Recipe for homemade vanilla semolina pudding with hot cinnamon cherries. Perfect as a sweet breakfast, lunch, or dessert.
Semolina is not only super digestible, healthy and a good source of protein. It is also incredibly delicious and creamy.
No wonder semolina pudding is one of my favorite recipes! Especially in winter, I like to start the day with a creamy semolina pudding. It lifts your spirits even on cold, gray days. Together with the warm cinnamon cherries, this bowl has something so comforting.
The recipe is also great as a dessert. For this, the recipe is enough for 4 small servings. Of course, you can also eat the semolina porridge as a sweet main meal.
The creamy vanilla semolina pudding goes so well with the aromatic, wintry cinnamon cherries. The granola adds a crunchy touch.
- 60g semolina
- 500 ml plant-based milk (such as oat milk)
- 50g sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200g sour cherries (from a jar)
- 200ml cherry juice
- 1 tbsp starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dark chocolate chips
- For the cinnamon cherries: Mix the starch in the cherry juice. Place cherry juice in a small saucepan with the cherries and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat until cherries thicken. Stir occasionally.
- For the vanilla semolina, combine the milk, sugar, vanilla sugar, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring. Now add the semolina and continue to simmer over medium heat until the semolina thickens nicely.
Pour semolina into two bowls and add cherries. Enjoy with chocolate chips and granola topping.