This vegan chickpea bread with paprika, onion, beetroot and plums, is super healthy and easy. It’s perfect for a quick breakfast and also delicious for other meals. You will love this moisture and healthy bread!
Hello my dears,
today I wanna share with you a very simple and super delicious recipe for vegan chickpea bread. I am in love with good bread for each meal of the day. Especially when it’s homemade, fresh from the oven and healthy as this one is. For my vegan veggie bread I use chickpeas, onion, beetroot and capsicum to make it a very filling, flavorful and moisture bread, which tastes delicious even with butter only.
I love to bake this bread on a Sunday to make sure I have some fresh bread for some quick and easy meals during the week. To make it a dish, I only add some butter and fresh veggies – ready is my lunch or dinner. Of course you can eat it for breakfast as well, but you know…. my breakfast is reserved for my smoothie bowls 🙂
For this recipe you can be very creative when it comes to the ingredients. You could also add some olives instead of beetroot, or use dried dates instead of dried plums. Just use what you have on hand or what you prefer and try different combinations.
For baking, I’ve used my beloved loaf pan made of silicon*. It’s super easy to deal with and so simple to get the bread once ready. I can highly recommend it 🙂
I hope you like it! Have a great week 🙂
- 1 can chickpeas (400g // drained 265g)
- 1 onion
- 200g beetroot
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 100g plums (dried)
- 250g whole spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 chia seeds (4 tbsp chia seeds & 8 tbsp warm water)
- 50 ml oil (I used sunflower seed oil)
- 200 ml water
- salt, pepper, cumin
1 loaf pan (I used my beloved one made of silicon, you can find the link here*)
- Preheat oven to 150ºC (circulating air).
- Drain chickpeas, rinse them with water and mash them roughly with a potato masher.
- Peel the onion and dice it. Wash capsicum and cut into little pieces. Cube beetroot and dried plums.
- Prepare the chia eggs by mixing 4 tbsp of chia seeds with 8 tbsp of warm water. Mix it and leave on the side for 1-2 min.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, oil, water, chia eggs, cumin, and salt & pepper. Knead together all the ingredients to form a homogenous dough.
- Now mix it up with the veggies.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan** and bake for 55 min. Eventually, cover the bread with aluminum foil at the end of baking time.
** I used my silicon loaf pan, size: 25,1 x 9,1 x 6,6 cm.
* These products are affiliate links. This means that you support BloomingwithFlavors with a small commission when buying the recommended product. There are no additional costs for you! Thank you for appreciating my work.