How to make the BEST Vegan French Toast! You only need 10 minutes to prepare this crispy breakfast recipe.
Vegan French Toast is the perfect weekend breakfast. It’s easy to make, delicious, and doesn’t require many ingredients. The rich breakfast tastes good to everyone and you can adapt the recipe to your needs.
Classic french toast is made with eggs, milk, and cream, but this vegan version with a nut crust is healthier, crunchy and you won’t miss the eggs at all!
Ingredients for the french toast without egg
- Toast bread: You can use normal, fresh toast bread.
- Plant-Based Vanilla Milk: You can also use almond milk, oat milk, etc. I recommend vanilla flavored milk because it goes great with french toast
- Psyllium husks: The psyllium husks help to thicken the milk a little.
Ground Almonds: We roll our milk-soaked bread in ground almonds for a delicious nut breading.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture: Makes for a fantastic treat!
- Coconut Oil: For frying, you can also use butter.
Which type of bread is best for French toast?
Thick slices of bread are often recommended for classic French toast. For my vegan variant with nut crust, however, I simply used fresh toast and it was great! The almond coat makes it crispy on the outside and very soft on the inside. I personally love it that way! But you can also use another type of bread, e.g. B. use baguette, sourdough or ciabatta.
You might also like these breakfast recipes
- 8 slices of toast
- 250 ml vanilla milk (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp psyllium husks (or chia seeds)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 12 tablespoons ground almonds
- 8 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Some coconut oil for frying
- Soy yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Fresh berries
- In a mug, whisk together the vanilla milk, psyllium husks, and salt. Set it aside to thicken up a bit.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ground almonds and cinnamon-sugar mixture and transfer the almond mixture to a deep plate.
- Put the thickened milk mixture on a deep plate as well.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan.
- Now dip each side of the toast into the milk until the bread is soaked with it.
- Then roll each slice of toast in the almond mixture on both sides.
- Place the toast slices in the pan and fry well on both sides until the almond crust turns a nice golden brown.
- Serve the french toast with yogurt, maple syrup, and fresh berries.