Vegan garlic sage pasta with Walnuts | This easy pasta recipe is made with sage butter, garlic and roasted walnuts. The perfect meatless comfort food.
So sage is one of those herbs that inspires me every year. While I’ve learned to love sage as a tea, I’ve been obsessed with sage pasta this summer. The crispy sage leaves fried in butter, the aromatic garlic, your favorite pasta and a few roasted walnuts are simply unbeatable and are currently on the menu every week.
The effects of sage
Sage is a real wonder and is used in many areas for internal and external use. Here are just a few examples of how sage can help.
- Antiperspirant: Sage helps with increased sweating. When used internally, such as tea, sage has an antiperspirant effect.
- Antispasmodic: The internal use of sage can help with abdominal cramps or bloating.
- Antibacterial: With its antibacterial effect, sage is often used externally against inflammation of the mucous membrane of the mouth and throat, such as gingivitis.
Are you looking for more vegan pasta recipes?
- 250g Pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Fresh sage
- 70g vegan butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Roasted walnuts
- Vegan parmesan
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package instructions.
- In the meantime, wash sage and pluck the leaves. Peel the garlic cloves.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and mix to combine.
- Add sage leaves and cook until edges curl. Add minced garlic. Stir and turn leaves occasionally, about 5 minutes or until sage leaves become crispy.
- Now toss the pasta in the pan until they are completely coated with the sauce. Cover with a lid and let it steep over low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roast some walnuts and roughly chop.
- Season pasta with salt and pepper.
- Divide among two plates. Garnish with roasted walnuts and vegan parmesan.