Vegan Tahini cookies with 7 ingredients only. The cookies are mixed up and baked within 15 minutes. The perfect, easy little sweet treat.
Life is better with some cookies, especially when they are easy to make and so delicious. Those vegan tahini cookies got it all: Crunchy from the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. While we know Tahini mainly from savory dishes or dips like hummus, it’s also a fantastic paste to use for baking. The sesame paste gives a very unique and delicious taste and it makes cookies a bit chewy, which is exactly, what we like, right?
I hope you enjoy the recipe.
- 80 ml tahini
- 40 ml agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g almond meal
- 30g sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix with a spatula until everything is just combined.
- Scoop out 6 cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten the scoops.
- Sprinkle with some sesame seeds in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until they just turn slightly golden brown. They can burn quite easily, so don’t over-bake.