This warm quinoa salad is easy to make, full of flavors and, delicious! You can enjoy it warm or cold, it’s perfect for meal prep.
Today I’d like to introduce my favorite quinoa salad. I’ve made dozens of different quinoa salads and bowls in the past, but this one is simply the best. Why?
Because this vegan warm quinoa salad is refreshing, spicy, and delicious. While I love eating it as a warm dish, you can enjoy this quinoa salad cold as well. I usually make a big portion to have my lunch ready for more than one day.
The quinoa salad is made of quinoa, red capsicum, fresh coriander (or parsley if you prefer), onion, garlic, turmeric, chili, and salt.
The Best Warm Quinoa Salad
Here are three reasons, why I love this salad:
- This quinoa salad is super easy to make and you don’t need many ingredients to make it.
- You can enjoy the quinoa salad warm or cold.
- This salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, picnic, trips, and for meal prep. It will last for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Craving more fresh and delicious salads?
- 100 Quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 red capsicum (chopped)
- 30g coriander (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 4 tbsp oil
- Cook rinsed quinoa as per instructions.
- In a large pan, heat oil, add onion and garlic, and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric, and chili flakes, mix well and stir for another minute.
- Now add the capsicum, quinoa, and coriander. Mix well. Reduce heat, cover with a lid and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add a little bit of water to the mixture to avoid burning.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy on its own, with bread or some salad.
You can eat this salad warm or cold. // This salad keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 3-4 days. Perfect for meal prep.