Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch in:
There’s nothing better than pumpkin soup, right? Not only the color is a little dream, but also the simple ingredients and the great taste! Roasted veggies blend with a cinnamon twist for a creamy, thick vegan pumpkin soup. Topped with roasted pumpkin seeds and some roasted bread, there is no better dish for cozy autumn days.
What do you need for the pumpkin soup?
For this soup recipe, I use a Hokkaido pumpkin. Because this does not have to be peeled and thus saves a lot of effort and time. You can easily wash, cut into pieces and core the Hokkaido pumpkin. It is then baked until it is nice and soft and its full aroma unfolds.
To give the pumpkin soup a little more flavor, I add a sweet potato. This also unfolds its full aromas when baking.
Cinnamon & Chili
I use cinnamon and chili to flavor the soup. Cinnamon really brings out the flavor of the pumpkin and sweet potato and gives the soup an autumnal note. Chili spices up the recipe a bit and adds a pleasant spiciness.
How to make pumpkin soup?
To save time and effort, the vegetables are simply roasted in the oven until nice and tender. This not only makes the soup easier to prepare but also allows the vegetables to develop their full flavor in the oven.
Then all the ingredients are pureed with the vegetable broth and spices and briefly heated. The pumpkin soup is ready!
Interested in more fall recipes?
- 1 Hokkaido
- 1 large sweet potato
- 750 ml vegetable stock (or more)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chili
- Pumpkin seeds
- Fresh Parsley
- Wash and cut Hokkaido into large pieces and remove seeds. Peel and halve the sweet potato. Peel onion and garlic, and cut onion into halve.
- Place the Hokkaido, sweet potato, onion and garlic on a baking sheet and bake at 180ºC for about 30 minutes until nicely tender.
- Now put all the ingredients in a large pot. Add the vegetable broth and spices and puree the mixture until you have a creamy soup. Then heat over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, roast some pumpkin seeds and bread cubes/croutons in a little olive oil until crispy.
- Serve the soup with roasted pumpkin seeds and bread, some yogurt and fresh parsley.