Are you looking for a quick, healthy winter meal? Then this vegan kale stir fry with chickpeas and buckwheat is just right for you!
It’s finally kale season again! This year I promised myself to pay more attention to the super cabbage and to try different recipes.
Did you know that I’ve tried kale for the first time only three years ago? It’s hard to believe I ignored the nutrient-rich veggie for so long. When I started reading up on how to prepare kale, I was really put off by statements like cooking kale for 1.5 hours. But don’t worry, kale is easy and quick to use in various dishes. For example in this vegan kale stir fry, in a kale curry or raw in smoothies.
- 150g buckwheat
- 1 tsp salt
Kale stir fry:
- 250g kale
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g chickpeas
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup tahini (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (60ml)
- 1-2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Boil buckwheat in double the amount of water and 1 teaspoon salt, simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the stalks from the kale and roughly chop the leaves. Peel and dice onions and garlic / finely chop.
- Put the oil in a hot saucepan, simmer the onions over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, turmeric, chili, and chickpeas and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the kale, let it collapse, and fry for 5-7 minutes. Season to taste with pepper.
- For the dressing, mix the tahini, lemon juice, salt, and agave syrup to a smooth sauce.
- Serve the buckwheat with the kale pan and sauce and enjoy.