This creamy vegan chestnut soup is perfect for the wintertime! Whether as a starter for your Christmas menu or as a main course on cold days – this nutty, creamy soup is easy and quick to make and warms up!
Brr … these cold days and nights came a bit unexpected and mentally I haven’t quite prepared myself for it, it seems. Even better if you can finish your day with a warm, creamy soup! And even better if the soup is easy to make and comes with an intense winter flavor.
Vegan Chestnut Soup - Ingredients and Preparation
- 1 tbsp butter (vegan)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 60g parsnip (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled and diced)
- 200g cooked chestnuts
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 ml vegan cream
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp walnuts (roughly chopped)
some white bread (cut into cubes)
- 1 sprig of rosemary (washed and coarsely chopped needles)
- Salt & Pepper
- 3-4 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds
- Heat the butter and oil and sauté the onions and parsnips.
- Add garlic and chestnuts and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf and cinnamon, deglaze with red wine vinegar.
- Add the vegetable stock and white wine, let simmer for 25 minutes with lid closed (!).
- Remove the bay leaf and then add the vegan cream.
- Blend all ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- For the topping, heat the oil in a pan. Add bread cubes and toast them over medium heat.
- Add walnuts and rosemary, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup into bowls, serve with bread and walnut topping and sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds.