What I love most about working from home, is that you can have a proper homemade lunch. This week I felt like a healthy salad bowl. And while I love veggies and appreciate them very much, salad seems quite boring to me sometimes. In this situation, I need to convince myself with some special components that make it more exciting. For this salad bowl, I’ve chosen homemade roti and some mung beans. It was soo good!
I hope you like it! What is your favorite bowl combination currently?
Little Note: Roti is also a delicious sweet dish with some jam!
- 140 g flour
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 125 ml of water
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 onion (diced)
- A little coconut oil for the pan
- 1 cup mung beans (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cucumber
- 4-6 tomatoes
- 1 capsicum
- 2 carrots
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- seeds & nuts for topping
Prepare Mung Beans:
- Rinse your mung beans, place them in a saucepan with 3 cups of water, add salt.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the beans are tender. This will take about 20- 30 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead them with your hands to form an even dough.
- Form 6-8 balls out of the dough and roll out the balls about 0.5 cm thick on a floured work surface.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with some coconut oil. Place the roti in the pan and fry them well on each side until they turn golden brown.
Prepare Salad Bowl:
- Grate carrots, cut tomatoes, cucumber, and capsicum into slices.
- Place mung beans, salad, and roti in your bowl.
- Season with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Top with some seeds and nuts and enjoy.