Quick and easy: Pasta with vegan red pepper sauce. This creamy pasta sauce is healthy and delicious and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Let’s be honest: Sometimes it has to be quick and the desire to cook is not always 100%. Often it is this kind of situation that tempts you to eat processed food or unhealthy things. What a shame! And unfortunately, there have been too many of those situations for me in the past few months.
With the New Year, it’s now time to stick to healthy meals again. This uncomplicated, quick, and creamy paprika-cream sauce makes it possible, even on busy days. With only 6 ingredients it leaves no room for excuses. Perfect for a healthy and easy start into the new year!
Use your favorite type of pasta
This aromatic and savory sauce goes well with any type of pasta. Whether spaghetti, penne, spirelli, or ribbon noodles – the paprika sauce goes well with everything. The sauce is also perfect with gnocchi!
If you are on a gluten-free diet, you can easily serve it with gluten-free pasta such as rice noodles. As a low-carbohydrate alternative, zoodles are a perfect choice.
Red Pepper - fresh or pickled from the jar?
You can easily use pickled red pepper in a jar as described in the recipe. This is probably the easiest and fastest option.
If you have a little more time, you can cut up fresh capsicum and cook them in the pan with onions and garlic. In this case, the cooking time should be a bit longer (about 5 minutes) until the red peppers are soft and easy to blend.
Alternatively, you can roast 3-4 red peppers in the oven. To do this, place the red peppers on a baking sheet and roast them at 200ºC for about 20 minutes. Then blend pepper, steamed onions, garlic, and the remaining ingredients into a creamy sauce.
- 500 g vegan spaghetti
- 2 jars of pickled capsicum (red pepper)
- 100 ml vegetable broth
- 250 ml vegan cooking cream (for example Alpro)
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Walnuts
1. Drain the pickled red pepper/capsicum.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
3. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions.
4. Heat some olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent. Then add the drained pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Now add the vegetable stock and cream, bring to the boil, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Blend the red pepper sauce in a blender. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve with noodles and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.