These energy balls are super easy to make and loaded with lots of good stuff: Carbs, Protein, Fibre and Vitamins. Only 8 ingredients combined in a simple bowl is all you need to prepare those little balls, that will boost your energy level. This snack is perfect in between meals and even though they have no added sugar, these balls are a perfect substitute for chocolate bars.
Energy Balls are super versatile. That means, you can add and combine whatever you like and what is available to you. For example if you do not have flax seed on hand substitute sunflower seeds. Add cocoa powder or raisins if you prefer this flavour.
Usually I store the energy balls in the fridge and often they last no longer than a couple of days. But in case you won’t eat them all within a week, you can freeze these power balls and enjoy later.
Energy Balls Nutrition-Facts
- Oats – very good source of fiber, protein and high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Dates – provide various antioxidants that have a number of health benefits to offer, including a reduced risk of several diseases; they improve digestion and brain function.
- Walnuts – made up of protein and unsaturated fat and have a high percentage of omega-3 fat, which has been linked to various health benefits; eating walnuts may improve brain health and reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Chia seeds full of fiber and sources of omega-3 fatty acids; Chia Seeds are also loaded with quality protein.
- Cranberries – primarily made up of carbs and fiber, they also contain several vitamins and minerals, including manganese, copper, and vitamins C, E, and K1.
- Flax seeds contain fiber, which may promote weight loss by reducing hunger and decreasing cravings; good for heart health.
These Power Balls are full of energy, but also full of calories. Therefore I suggest to enjoy 1-2 balls a day for a reasonable consumption.
Instead of honey you can also use agave syrup to make it fully vegan.
These Power Balls are full of energy, but also full of calories. Therefore I suggest to enjoy 1-2 balls a day for a reasonable consumption. *** Instead of honey you can also use agave syrup to make it fully vegan.