This easy 4 ingredient Overnight Coconut Chia Pudding is the ultimate healthy, protein-packed breakfast, dessert or snack! Plus, it only takes 5 min to make.
Tips for making the perfect coconut chia pudding
- Layer: When assembling your coconut chia pudding, make sure to start with some fresh fruits, then chia pudding, then yogurt and then toppings. I love to add some granola for some crunchiness.
- Meal Prep: When you prepare your chia pudding, put the ingredients directly in a small jar or even several jars for more portions. This way you have your chia pudding ready for a quick breakfast or as an on the go snack.
- Creamy Texture: For the perfect texture, prepare your chia pudding in the evening and place it in the fridge overnight. This way chia seeds really have time to expand and to get the perfect texture. (But no worries, it’s also delicious when you letting it sit for 1-2 hours.)
- Add the flavor you like: You can simply use different flavors for another taste. Add for example 1 tsp vanilla paste and vanilla yogurt for a vanilla chia pudding or simply add 1-2 tbsp cacao powder to make a chocolate chia pudding.
The benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia Seeds are native to Central America and packed with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. They improve digestive health, slow down the signs of aging, and are a great plant-based source for protein!
- Antioxidants: Chia seeds contain antioxidants, which help fight free radicals in your body. Too many free radicals can cause harm your body and are you linked to multiple illnesses like cancer, diabetes, or heart disease. Antioxidants also play a role in slowing down aging signs, resulting in younger-looking skin and healthier hair.
- Protein: Getting enough protein is crucial for your body and can be difficult when living a vegan lifestyle. But chia seeds are packed with protein and give you enough energy. To get even more protein, simply combine your chia pudding with peanut butter or oast/granola.
- Fiber: Chia seeds contain a lot of fiber, which benefits your digestion and helps to prevent or relieve constipation. In addition, fiber is helping to maintain a healthy weight and reduces the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and some types of cancer.
- In a large jar, pour in milk then add chia seeds, salt, and agave syrup. Stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Cover and store in the fridge for 2+ hours or overnight to soak.
- Once chia pudding has thickened, separate toppings into two different jars for two servings. Start with fresh pomegranate seeds, then chia pudding, then coconut yogurt and granola. Enjoy!
*Will last for up to 3-4 days stored in the refrigerator.