Classic baked apples are a simple, cozy dessert. Covered in a coat of nuts and filled with marzipan and nuts, there is no better recipe for cozy winter days.
In the mood for a cozy winter dessert? This baked apple recipe is perfect for cozying up on the couch and treating your soul.
Peel and core your apples, roll them in butter and a sugar and nut mixture, fill them with marzipan and chopped nuts and enjoy with vanilla sauce, salted caramel or vanilla ice cream. Ready is your relatively quick dessert that kids and adults alike will love.
THE BEST APPLES FOR BAKED APPLES RECIPE
Slightly sour apples are best for these baked apples. I used Pink Lady apples and they work great for this sweet winter dessert!
VARIATIONS OF BAKED APPLES
You can vary and change the baked apple recipe as you like. Here are some examples:
- Vary the spices: Instead of cinnamon, you can use pumpkin pie spice or chai spice, for example, to give the baked apple more flavor.
- Dried fruit: Add dried cranberries, raisins or prunes. This will make the baked apple a little more fruity.
- Use other nuts: Instead of almonds or hazelnuts, you can use walnuts or pecans.
THE BEST BAKED APPLE RECIPE
You’ll love these baked apples because:
- They are ideal for a cozy afternoon for two or for the whole family and guests. Because you can easily adjust the recipe depending on your needs.
- You don’t need that many ingredients to make the perfect winter dessert.
- The baked apples are great for brunch, as a dessert or with coffee.
- The recipe is free of common allergens – no eggs, no gluten.
- 4 apples
- 50g butter
- 50g sugar
- 35g ground nuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 100g-150g marzipan, small diced
- 50g chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (convection oven). Grease a baking dish.
- Mix sugar, ground nuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Peel the apples and remove the core with a corer.
- Melt the butter and brush the apples with the melted butter or turn them directly in it.
- Now turn the apples in the sugar-nut-cinnamon mixture until they are completely covered with it.
- Put the apples into the greased baking dish. Fill them alternately with marzipan and chopped nuts.
- Spread the remaining sugar-nut-cinnamon mixture over the apples.
- Bake the baked apples for about 40-50 minutes until a nice golden crust has formed.
The baked apples taste best hot with vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream. The sauce created in the baking dish can be poured over the baked apples.