This Falafel Quinoa Salad Bowl with Lemon-Tahini-Dressing is a burst of Middle-East flavors! This bowl is easy to make, delicious and satisfying too. A perfect meatless meal to eat for lunch or dinner.
With days getting warmer and summer around the corner, my awareness for self-care is suddenly revived. And with that my appetite for fresh healthy dishes increases. This Falafel Quinoa Salad Bowl is just perfect for my mood and it’s also ideal for meal prep making sure there is always some healthy stuff in the fridge.
I love making falafel and when I do them, I always prepare a batch. It’s great having healthy side dishes ready, which pimp every salad and dish… or which are also great as a little snack 🙂
I guess it’s the typical time of the year, which feels like a fresh start. It’s such a great feeling to deep clean the apartment, doing a daily work-out, try new skincare routines, tidy up the wardrobe, and just getting ready for summer. Even though it feels very different this year due to coronavirus and missing events and vacations – we need to make the best out of it. Right?
So, prepare this delicious falafel quinoa bowl, enjoy every bite, and be happy!
- 2 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp raw cashews
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 – 1 litre oil to fry
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup of water
- 250g tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1-2 tsp agave syrup
- salt and pepper
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, cashews, parsley, cumin, and salt in a food processor and process until combined.
- Add flour to the mixture, knead until combined.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Fill a medium, deep saucepan with oil and heat oil for frying over medium heat. Cook the falafels, in batches, for about 5-6 minutes or until crunchy and golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Rinse the quinoa and then cook with water for about 15-20 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Cut tomatoes and cucumber into cubes and mix with quinoa.
- Mix Lemon juice, tahini, agave syrup, and season with salt and pepper. Add some more agave syrup if it’s too sour.