These soft vegan ginger cookies are easy to make, chewy, and irresistibly delicious. The combination of spices and molasses create a perfect cookie recipe for Christmas.
as you might have noticed in my last post, baking cookies is one of my favorite traditions during Christmas time. It always brings me back to my childhood, when baking Christmas cookies always stood for long afternoons filled with cutting out cookies, nibbling on raw cookie dough when my mother wasn’t watching, and endless laughter with my brothers. This event was always like a kickoff to Christmas Season, which allowed my mother to turn on the Christmas songs as loud as possible and which allowed us to finally write down our Christmas wishes for Santa.
While my task on childhood days only consisted of helping to form the cookies and eating them, I am now accountable for making the dough all myself. What a responsibility! Just kidding, it’s actually quite easy! Especially when you found someone, who worked out an easy vegan recipe for soft and spicy Christmas Ginger Cookies 🙂
The recipe for those vegan Christmas Ginger Cookies is so different from my Marzipan Almond Horn Recipe, I shared some days ago. While the little cute horns are dominated by a nutty flavor and topped with chocolate, this recipe here is full of spicy ginger aroma refined by a delicious orange flavor.
- 1 + 3/4 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used raw cane sugar)
- 1 tbsp ginger (ground)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (ground)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup chickpea brine
- 1/4 cup sugar beet molasses
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Whip chickpea brine until it becomes foamy. (you can do this by hand with a whisk for 2 min)
- Mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Now add liquid/wet ingredients: butter, orange zest, foamy chickpea brine, sugar beet molasses.
- Stir the ingredients and knead all with your hands until dough gets even.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap and put in the fridge for about 30 min.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Now use cookie cutters to cut out nice shapes.
- Put cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for about 8 minutes at 180ºC.
- Let cookies cool down. Meanwhile, prepare glaze by mixing together powdered sugar and orange juice. Once cookies are cool, brush each cookie with glaze and let it dry.
- Enjoy 🙂