Vegan stuffed bell peppers with risoni, corn, and spring onions. Perfect as a healthy vegan lunch or dinner.
Stuffed bell peppers are a true classic and the recipe has accompanied me in all variations since I was a child. While I used to enjoy stuffed bell pepper with minced meat or feta cheese, I now cook vegan stuffed peppers with risoni, corn, and spring onions.
That’s the nice thing about recipes like these: There are no limits for variations. Whether with rice, quinoa, lentils, or pure vegetables, vegan stuffed bell peppers always taste good!
I recently got lost again during my grocery shopping in the supermarket. Can you relate to drifting in the supermarket and stroll down every shelf to see what’s new? Well, it was exactly one of those days when I got stuck on the pasta shelf. Overwhelmed by all the types of pasta out there, I stumbled upon Risoni. The small, colorful noodles and the funny name got me and Schwups, the product ended up in the shopping cart.
Back home I went straight to the kitchen and the result was vegan stuffed bell peppers with risoni, corn, and spring onions. A super simple recipe that tastes good and makes you happy.
Try it out and enjoy it,
What is Risoni?
Risoni is a type of pasta but in the form of rice. The little noodles are prepared like rice and, due to their shape, are particularly easy to use in many dishes. I opted for gluten-free risoni made from lentils, chickpeas, and peas. The risoni made from legumes are rich in protein and fiber, making them ideal for vegan dishes. The risoni are simply boiled in salted water for 9 minutes and can then be used in various dishes.
If you don’t have or don’t like risoni, you can use rice or quinoa instead.
Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers - Other Variants
There are many varieties of vegan-filled peppers. Be creative and just try different combinations. Here are a few more inspirations:
- Stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, mushrooms, black beans, and Italian herbs
- Stuffed peppers with couscous, fennel, and corn
- Stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice and curry powder
Are you looking for more vegan recipes?
- 3-4 large red peppers
- 150g risoni or rice
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 160g corn
- 1 small bunch of coriander (or parsley)
- Salt, pepper, smoked paprika powder
- Vegan grated cheese
- Soy yogurt
- Cook the risoni * according to the instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (forced air).
- Wash and chop the spring onions. Drain the corn.
- Now heat about 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the spring onions and corn and sauté briefly. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika powder (I used about 3/4 teaspoon of small paprika). Let it fry for about 5 minutes.
- Wash and chop the coriander. Set aside a little for the yogurt sauce. Now add to the corn mixture, stir in well and fry briefly.
- Add the cooked rosini to the vegetables and mix well.
- Wash the bell peppers, cut them in half, and remove the seeds. Place the pepper halves on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and fill with the vegetable-rosini-mix.
- Sprinkle with vegan cheese.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is nicely browned.
- In the meantime prepare the yogurt sauce. Simply mix a little soy yogurt with the rest of the coriander, salt, and pepper.
- As soon as the peppers are done, serve with the yogurt sauce and avocado slices.
* If you don’t like Risoni or don’t have it, you can use rice or quinoa instead.