Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day. I love to have this half an hour every morning for myself and to prepare and enjoy my breakfast. After that, I am ready for the day. What I really like about breakfast is, that you can actually eat everything you want. You could have a savoury avocado toast or sweet pancakes – everything is possible. However I have to confess, that I can rarely resist my morning smoothie bowl topped with my homemade granola. In the past I was not a big fan of muesli, because the ones at the supermarket are often too dry or contain too much sugar. That’s why I’ve been making my own granola for a few months now. It’s super easy and cheap and no muesli from the supermarket can keep up!
That’s why I’d like to share my recipe for homemade granola today. I’ll share a basic recipe, which can be adjusted just as you which. If you prefer for example hazelnuts instead of walnuts, just swap it. Or if you like dried fruits in your cereals, you can add it easily.
- 300g Oats
- 200g Almonds
- 100g Walnuts
- 2-3 EL Chia seeds
- 2-3 EL Linseeds
- 2 EL Hemp seeds
- 6 EL Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 EL Honey
- 1-2 EL Cinnamon
- 3 EL Grated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, melted coconut oil, honey and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Bake for about 10 min, then stir the mixture and add nuts and seeds. Bake for another 10 min until lightly golden.
- Let the granola cool completely at room temperature. You will notice it will get crispy while cooling off.
- Top granola with grated coconut (and optional with dried fruits).
Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 4 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.