As days, and especially mornings, are getting colder, it’s time for me to mix up my usual breakfast routine (which consists of smoothie bowls all week long) with this delicious breakfast bowl. Snuggled into my bathrobe and viewing the autumnal colours on the trees from my kitchen window, I just want a warm and comfy breakfast bowl.
I have the feeling, that everyone around me is addicted to warm oats in all kinds of combinations. Don’t get me wrong, oats are great, delicious and filling. But somehow I am not ready for this kind of winter-breakfast yet. So I’m trying to use the last fresh fruits of the season to spice up my chia pudding. When frying the fruits and add some warm components to my breakfast bowl, it still feels like holding on to summer for a bit longer.
And the combination couldn’t be better: While the creamy chia seeds soaked in almond milk creates the perfect comfy base for the bowl, fried cinnamon bananas give a delicious flavor, the red nectarines give a freshness and bring some sunshine to your bowl and the pears soaked in red wine herald the cozy upcoming season.
I hope you’ll enjoy the recipe as much as I do.
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 14 tbsp almond milk
- 1 pear
- 100ml red wine
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 banana
- 2 nectarines
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- hemp seeds for topping (optional)
The night before breakfast:
- Put chia seeds and almond milk in a sealable glass/container and let it soak overnight.
- Peel the pear, cut into thin slices, put into a container and cover with red wine. Let pear soak as well overnight.
The next morning:
- Cut banana and nectarine into slices.
- In a saucepan, bring butter to melt. Add bananas and nectarines, cinnamon and agave syrup. Fry from each side for about 1-2. min. If you like, you can also fry the pear slices, to make them more soft and warm.
- In a bowl add the chia pudding and top with fried banana, nectarines and pears. You can also add some seeds and peanut butter. I used hemp seeds for my bowl. Enjoy your delicious breakfast bowl!